Are you sure want to logout from the system?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Training Dates + Location:
August 20 + 21, 2019 - (see other dates and options here)
Vista Community Clinic
1000 Vale Terrace Dr, Women's Center 2nd Floor, Rooms 2 & 3
Vista, CA 92084
Andria Hancock-Crear, MPH, Senior Trainer, Essential Access Health
This two day intensive Family Planning Health Worker (FPHW) Certification Training is Essential Access Health's nationally recognized comprehensive contraceptive counseling and education training course for health providers and educators. Participants will learn how to integrate STD/HIV prevention messaging and sexual health promotion into their birth control education sessions. They will also learn the latest motivational interviewing strategies proven to increase user birth control method satisfaction and continuation rates.
Our FPHW training covers the 2014 CDC and OPA QFP Recommendations for providing Quality Family Planning services. All training recipients receive the updated 650+ page manual, "Fundamentals of Family Planning" plus an individual assessment of their ability to provide high quality, patient-centered contraceptive options counseling with STD prevention messaging.
Family Planning Health Worker Certification is valid for three years. Certification is received upon passage of a final exam and video presentation completed remotely online within 2 weeks of the FPHW course dates (unless seeking re-certification or certification after Fundamentals of Family Planning manual purchase and self-study).
Who should attend?
After this training participants will be able to:
The course fee includes CEU processing (Nursing = 16.1; CHES = 11.0; CPH = 14.0).
If you are a California Title X Delegate Agency, send us an email to obtain a discount code for the reduced registration fee ($300).
If you need to register another person, a group of your staff and/or if you cannot pay online with a credit card:
Registration for Another Person or a Group:
1. Each person you are registering must first set up their free learning portal account,
2. Email us the first and last name(s) and email address(es) for each registrant (must be the same info they used to create their learning portal account),
3. Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for payment arrangements.
Registration Payment by
Check, Money Order (MO) or Purchase Order (PO):
Please contact the Learning Exchange customer service staff via email at email@example.com or by calling 213.386.5614, x4580 for registration instructions and payment arrangements.
Other Options for Family Planning Health Worker Certification:
1. Self Study Challenge Exam: Buy the "Fundamentals of Family Planning" manual then register for the FPHW Self Study Certification course ($175).
2. Re-Take the Exams (if you did not pass the final exam and/or video presentation during a prior certification attempt or fail to complete certification requirements by the deadline): Register online to Re-Take the Final Exam ($50) OR to Re-Take the Video Presentation ($50).
3. Book a private, on-site FPHW training for a group at your agency, see options and fees here.